zing: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (zing), [key]
- vitality, animation, or zest.
- a quality or characteristic that excites the interest, enthusiasm, etc.: a tourist town with lots of zing.
- a sharp singing or whining noise, as of a bullet passing through the air.
- to move or proceed with a sharp singing or whining noise: The cars zinged down the highway.
- to move or proceed with speed or vitality; zip.
- to cause to move with or as with a sharp, singing or whining noise: The pitcher zinged a slider right over the plate.
- to blame or criticize severely: City Hall always gets zinged when crime increases.
- zing (Thesaurus)