Mizpah or Mizpeh both: mĭz´pə [key], in the Bible.
1 See Galeed . 2 Unidentified place, E of the Jordon River, identical with Ramath-Mizpeh. 3 Place, on the boundary between Israel and Judah, a religious center with a sanctuary in the time of Judges. 4 Town at the foot of Mt. Hermon. 5 Town in the lowland of Judah. 6 Home of Jephthah. 7 David's refuge in Moab.
The Columbia Electronic Encyclopedia, 6th ed. Copyright © 2012, Columbia University Press. All rights reserved.
See more Encyclopedia articles on: Biblical Proper Names
Browse By Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-