NFL Football Preview 2000: NFC West
St. Louis, Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans, San Francisco
by Mike Morrison
1. St. Louis?Even if Kurt Warner's production drops 25 percent from last year, we're still looking at 30 touchdown passes and over 3,000 yards. They lost some key players from last year's magical season but still have plenty to win the division.
2. Carolina?Steve Beuerlein was the best quarterback last year outside of St. Louis. And yes, that includes Indianapolis. The loss of Patrick Jeffers will hurt but coach George Seifert will guide his team to the playoffs in 2000.
|Complete NFC stats for the 1999-2000 season and through the years.|
3. Atlanta?Without Jamal Anderson last year, their offense dropped to a pitiful 27th out of 31 teams. Suffice it to say, he's kind of important.
4. New Orleans?Ricky Williams wasn't as bad as you might have been led to believe last year. That being said, he'll need to improve on his two touchdowns. Thanks to Jeff Blake and receiver Jake Reed, he will.
5. San Francisco?Nothing too different from last year. The defense stinks and Jeff Garcia is no Steve Young. They might only win two games.