3 results found
Ahidjo, Ahmadou(Encyclopedia)Ahidjo, Ahmadou ämä´d äh´joo [key], 1924–89, president of Cameroon (1960–82). A Muslim Fulani chief's son, he served with the French during World War II. Entering politics in the French...
Biya, Paul(Encyclopedia)Biya, Paul by [key], 1933–, Cameroonian political leader. Educated in Cameroon and France, where he studied at the Sorbonne and other institutions, he joined Cameroon's civil service in 1962. Af...
Cameroon(Encyclopedia)Cameroon kmroon´ [key], Fr. Cameroun, officially Republic of Cameroon, republic (2015 est. pop. 22,835,000), 183,568 sq mi (475,442 sq km), W central Africa. It is bordered on the southwest b...
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Language, Linguistics, and Literary Terms
- Literature in English
- Literature in Other Modern Languages
- Performing Arts
- Scholars and Historians
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland