3 results found
Colum, Padraic(Encyclopedia)Colum, Padraic pä´drk kl´m [key], 1881–1972, Irish-American author, b. Longford, Ireland. He was active in the Irish literary renaissance and helped to found the Abbey Theatre. His verse in...
Abbey Theatre(Encyclopedia)Abbey Theatre, Irish theatrical company devoted primarily to indigenous drama. W. B. Yeats was a leader in founding (1902) the Irish National Theatre Society with Lady Gregory, J. M. Synge, and A. E. ...
Griffith, Arthur(Encyclopedia)Griffith, Arthur, 1872–1922, Irish statesman, founder of Sinn Féin. He joined the nationalist movement as a young man. In 1899 he founded the United Irishman, in which he advocated that Irish membe...
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Language, Linguistics, and Literary Terms
- Literature in English
- Literature in Other Modern Languages
- Performing Arts
- Scholars and Historians
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland