4 results found
Rockville(Encyclopedia)Rockville, city (1990 pop. 44,835), seat of Montgomery co., W central Md., a NW suburb of Washington, D.C.; settled c.1760s, inc. as a city 1860. It has several scientific research and technology labo...
Rockville Centre(Encyclopedia)Rockville Centre, residential village (1990 pop. 24,727), Nassau co., SE N.Y., on SW Long Island; inc. 1893. Molloy College is there. A state park is adjacent to the village.
Vernon(Encyclopedia)Vernon. 1 City (1990 pop. 152), Los Angeles co., S Calif., industrial suburb 2 mi (3.2 km) S of downtown Los Angeles; founded and inc. 1905. Vernon has a workforce (c.44,000) that hugely exceeds its f...
automated teller machine(Encyclopedia)automated teller machine (ATM), device used by bank customers to process account transactions. Typically, a user inserts into the ATM a special plastic card that is encoded with information on a magne...
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-