3 results found
Kountché, Seyni(Encyclopedia)Kountché, Seyni sn´ koonch´ [key], 1931–87, president of Niger (1974–87). He was army chief of staff when he ousted Hamani Diori, Niger's first president, in a military coup. He suspend...
Tandja, Mamadou(Encyclopedia)Tandja, Mamadou mämädoo´ tän´jä [key], 1938–, Nigerien political leader, president of Niger (1999–2010), b. Maine-Soroa. He attended military schools in Madagascar and Mali, joining the ar...
Niger(Encyclopedia)Niger n´jr, nzhâr´ [key], officially Republic of Niger, republic (2015 est. pop. 18,045,729), 489,189 sq mi (1,267,000 sq km), W Africa. It borders on Burkina Faso and Mali in the west, on Al...
Browse by Subject
- Earth and the Environment +-
- History +-
- Literature and the Arts +-
- Medicine +-
- People +-
- Philosophy and Religion +-
- Places +-
- Australia and Oceania
- Britain, Ireland, France, and the Low Countries
- Commonwealth of Independent States and the Baltic Nations
- Germany, Scandinavia, and Central Europe
- Latin America and the Caribbean
- Oceans, Continents, and Polar Regions
- Spain, Portugal, Italy, Greece, and the Balkans
- United States, Canada, and Greenland
- Plants and Animals +-
- Science and Technology +-
- Social Sciences and the Law +-
- Sports and Everyday Life +-