Synonyms of admit
- 1. admit, acknowledge, declare, adjudge, hold
- usage: declare to be true or admit the existence or reality or truth of; "He admitted his errors"; "She acknowledged that she might have forgotten"
- 2. admit, allow in, let in, intromit, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: allow to enter; grant entry to; "We cannot admit non-members into our club building"; "This pipe admits air"
- 3. admit, let in, include, permit, allow, let, countenance
- usage: allow participation in or the right to be part of; permit to exercise the rights, functions, and responsibilities of; "admit someone to the profession"; "She was admitted to the New Jersey Bar"
- 4. accept, admit, take, take on, accept, take, have
- usage: admit into a group or community; "accept students for graduate study"; "We'll have to vote on whether or not to admit a new member"
- 5. admit, allow
- usage: afford possibility; "This problem admits of no solution"; "This short story allows of several different interpretations"
- 6. admit
- usage: give access or entrance to; "The French doors admit onto the yard"
- 7. accommodate, hold, admit
- usage: have room for; hold without crowding; "This hotel can accommodate 250 guests"; "The theater admits 300 people"; "The auditorium can't hold more than 500 people"
- 8. admit, serve, do
- usage: serve as a means of entrance; "This ticket will admit one adult to the show"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of admit (Dictionary)