WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. basket, handbasket, container
- usage: a container that is usually woven and has handles
- 2. basket, basketful, containerful
- usage: the quantity contained in a basket
- 3. basket, basketball hoop, hoop, goal, basketball equipment
- usage: horizontal circular metal hoop supporting a net through which players try to throw the basketball
- 4. basket, field goal, score
- usage: a score in basketball made by throwing the ball through the hoop
All rights reserved.
See also: basket (Dictionary)