- 1. bloom, blush, flush, rosiness, good health, healthiness
- usage: a rosy color (especially in the cheeks) taken as a sign of good health
- 2. blush, flush, reflex, reflex response, reflex action, instinctive reflex, innate reflex, inborn reflex, unconditioned reflex, physiological reaction
- usage: sudden reddening of the face (as from embarrassment or guilt or shame or modesty)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. blush, crimson, flush, redden, discolor, discolour, colour, color
- usage: turn red, as if in embarrassment or shame; "The girl blushed when a young man whistled as she walked by"
- 2. blush, redden
- usage: become rosy or reddish; "her cheeks blushed in the cold winter air"
All rights reserved.
See also: blush (Dictionary)