blush: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (blush), [key]
- to redden, as from embarrassment or shame: He blushed when they called him a conquering hero.
- to feel shame or embarrassment (often fol. by at or for): Your behavior makes me blush for your poor mother.
- (of the sky, flowers, etc.) to become rosy.
- (of new house paint or lacquer) to become cloudy or dull through moisture or excessive evaporation of solvents.
- to make red; flush.
- to make known by a blush: She could not help blushing the truth.
- a reddening, as of the face.
- rosy or pinkish tinge.
- blusher (def. 2).
- without previous knowledge or adequate consideration; at first glance: At first blush, the solution to the problem seemed simple enough.
- blush (Thesaurus)