WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. buildup, accumulation, accrual, accruement
- usage: the act of building up an accumulation; "I envied his rapid buildup of assets"; "a military buildup in preparation for the invasion"
- 2. buildup, accretion, accumulation
- usage: the result of the process of accumulation; "the buildup of leaves blocked the drain pipes"
- 3. buildup, promotion, publicity, promotional material, packaging
- usage: highly favorable publicity and praise; "his letter of recommendation gave her a terrific buildup"
All rights reserved.
See also: buildup (Dictionary)