- 1. beltway, bypass, ring road, ringway, highway, main road
- usage: a highway that encircles an urban area so that traffic does not have to pass through the center
- 2. bypass, shunt
- usage: a surgically created shunt (usually around a damaged part)
- 3. shunt, electrical shunt, bypass, conductor
- usage: a conductor having low resistance in parallel with another device to divert a fraction of the current
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. bypass, short-circuit, go around, get around, avoid
- usage: avoid something unpleasant or laborious; "You cannot bypass these rules!"
All rights reserved.
See also: bypass (Dictionary)