- 1. prisoner, captive, unfortunate, unfortunate person
- usage: a person who is confined; especially a prisoner of war
- 2. captive, animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
- usage: an animal that is confined
- 3. captive, emotional person
- usage: a person held in the grip of a strong emotion or passion
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. captive, confined, imprisoned, jailed, unfree (vs. free)
- usage: being in captivity
- 2. captive, absorbed, engrossed, enwrapped, intent, wrapped, attentive (vs. inattentive)
- usage: giving or marked by complete attention to; "that engrossed look or rapt delight"; "then wrapped in dreams"; "so intent on this fantastic...narrative that she hardly stirred"- Walter de la Mare; "rapt with wonder"; "wrapped in thought"
All rights reserved.
See also: captive (Dictionary)