Meaning of captive
Pronunciation: (kap'tiv), [key]
- a prisoner.
- a person who is enslaved or dominated; slave: He is the captive of his own fears.
- made or held prisoner, esp. in war: captive troops.
- kept in confinement or restraint: captive animals.
- enslaved by love, beauty, etc.; captivated: her captive beau.
- of or pertaining to a captive.
- managed as an affiliate or subsidiary of a corporation and operated almost exclusively for the use or needs of the parent corporation rather than independently for the general public: a captive shop; a captive mine.
- captive (Thesaurus)