Synonyms of coarse
- 1. coarse (vs. fine), harsh, coarse-grained, large-grained, farinaceous, coarse-grained, grainy, granular, granulose, gritty, mealy, granulated, plushy, plush-like, loose, open, rough#1, unsmooth
- usage: of textures that are rough to the touch or substances consisting of relatively large particles; "coarse meal"; "coarse sand"; "a coarse weave"
- 2. coarse, common, rough-cut, uncouth, vulgar, unrefined (vs. refined)
- usage: lacking refinement or cultivation or taste; "he had coarse manners but a first-rate mind"; "behavior that branded him as common"; "an untutored and uncouth human being"; "an uncouth soldier--a real tough guy"; "appealing to the vulgar taste for violence"; "the vulgar display of the newly rich"
- 3. coarse, common, inferior (vs. superior)
- usage: of low or inferior quality or value; "of what coarse metal ye are molded"- Shakespeare; "produced...the common cloths used by the poorer population"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of coarse (Dictionary)