Meaning of coarse
Pronunciation: (kôrs, kōrs), [key]
— coars•er, coars•est.
- composed of relatively large parts or particles: The beach had rough, coarse sand.
- lacking in fineness or delicacy of texture, structure, etc.: The stiff, coarse fabric irritated her skin.
- harsh; grating.
- lacking delicacy, taste, or refinement; unpolished: He had coarse manners but an absolutely first-rate mind.
- of inferior or faulty quality; common; base.
- vulgar; obscene; crude: His coarse language angered us.
- (of metals) unrefined.
- (of a metal file) having the maximum commercial grade of coarseness.
- coarse (Thesaurus)