WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. gestate, conceive, conceptualize, conceptualise, create by mental act, create mentally
- usage: have the idea for; "He conceived of a robot that would help paralyzed patients"; "This library was well conceived"
- 2. think, believe, consider, conceive, evaluate, pass judgment, judge
- usage: judge or regard; look upon; judge; "I think he is very smart"; "I believe her to be very smart"; "I think that he is her boyfriend"; "The racist conceives such people to be inferior"
- 3. conceive, change state, turn
- usage: become pregnant; undergo conception; "She cannot conceive"; "My daughter was conceived in Christmas Day"
All rights reserved.
See also: conceive (Dictionary)