conceive: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (kun-sēv'), [key]
— v., -ceived, -ceiv•ing.
- to form (a notion, opinion, purpose, etc.): He conceived the project while he was on vacation.
- to form a notion or idea of; imagine.
- to hold as an opinion; think; believe: I can't conceive that it would be of any use.
- to experience or form (a feeling): to conceive a great love for music.
- to express, as in words.
- to become pregnant with.
- to beget.
- to begin, originate, or found (something) in a particular way (usually used in the passive): a new nation conceived in liberty.
- to understand; comprehend.
- to form an idea; think (usually fol. by of&hasp;).
- to become pregnant.
- conceive (Thesaurus)