- 1. counterfeit, forgery, imitation
- usage: a copy that is represented as the original
- 1. forge, fake, counterfeit, re-create
- usage: make a copy of with the intent to deceive; "he faked the signature"; "they counterfeited dollar bills"; "She forged a Green Card"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. counterfeit (vs. genuine), imitative, assumed, false, fictitious, fictive, pretended, put on, sham, bad, forged, base, bogus, fake, phony, phoney, bastard, inauthentic, unauthentic, spurious, mock, ostensible, ostensive, pinchbeck, pseudo, synthetic, artificial#1, unreal, false, insincere, unreal
- usage: not genuine; imitating something superior; "counterfeit emotion"; "counterfeit money"; "counterfeit works of art"; "a counterfeit prince"
All rights reserved.
See also: counterfeit (Dictionary)