Meaning of counterfeit
Pronunciation: (koun'tur-fit"), [key]
- made in imitation so as to be passed off fraudulently or deceptively as genuine; not genuine; forged: counterfeit dollar bills.
- pretended; unreal: counterfeit grief.
- an imitation intended to be passed off fraudulently or deceptively as genuine; forgery.
- a copy.
- a close likeness; portrait.
- impostor; pretender.
- to make a counterfeit of; imitate fraudulently; forge.
- to resemble.
- to simulate.
- to make counterfeits, as of money.
- to feign; dissemble.
- counterfeit (Thesaurus)