Synonyms of current
- 1. current, electric current, electrical phenomenon
- usage: a flow of electricity through a conductor; "the current was measured in amperes"
- 2. current, stream, flow, flowing
- usage: a steady flow of a fluid (usually from natural causes); "the raft floated downstream on the current"; "he felt a stream of air"; "the hose ejected a stream of water"
- 3. stream, flow, current, course, line
- usage: dominant course (suggestive of running water) of successive events or ideas; "two streams of development run through American history"; "stream of consciousness"; "the flow of thought"; "the current of history"
- 1. current (vs. noncurrent), actual, afoot(predicate), underway, circulating(prenominal), contemporary, present-day(prenominal), incumbent, live, live, occurrent, ongoing, on-going, on-line(prenominal), online, topical, up-to-date, up-to-the-minute, latest, modern, new
- usage: occurring in or belonging to the present time; "current events"; "the current topic"; "current negotiations"; "current psychoanalytic theories"; "the ship's current position"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of current (Dictionary)