Meaning of current
Pronunciation: (kûr'unt, kur'-), [key]
- passing in time; belonging to the time actually passing: the current month.
- prevalent; customary: the current practice.
- popular; in vogue: current fashions.
- new; present; most recent: the current issue of a publication.
- publicly reported or known: a rumor that is current.
- passing from one to another; circulating, as a coin.
- running; flowing.
- genuine; authentic.
- a flowing; flow, as of a river.
- something that flows, as a stream.
- a large portion of air, large body of water, etc., moving in a certain direction.
- the speed at which such flow moves; velocity of flow.
- a course, as of time or events; the main course; the general tendency.
- current (Thesaurus)