Synonyms of differentiate
- 1. distinguish, separate, differentiate, secern, secernate, severalize, severalise, tell, tell apart, identify, place
- usage: mark as different; "We distinguish several kinds of maple"
- 2. distinguish, mark, differentiate, qualify, characterize, characterise
- usage: be a distinctive feature, attribute, or trait; sometimes in a very positive sense; "His modesty distinguishes him from his peers"
- 3. differentiate, calculate, cipher, cypher, compute, work out, reckon, figure
- usage: calculate a derivative; take the derivative
- 4. differentiate, develop
- usage: become different during development; "cells differentiate"
- 5. speciate, differentiate, specialize, specialise, evolve
- usage: evolve so as to lead to a new species or develop in a way most suited to the environment
- 6. differentiate, dissimilate
- usage: become distinct and acquire a different character
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of differentiate (Dictionary)