differentiate: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dif"u-ren'shē-āt"), [key]
— v., -at•ed, -at•ing.
- to form or mark differently from other such things; distinguish.
- to change; alter.
- to perceive the difference in or between.
- to make different by modification, as a biological species.
- to obtain the differential or the derivative of.
- to become unlike or dissimilar; change in character.
- to make a distinction.
- (of cells or tissues) to change from relatively generalized to specialized kinds, during development.
- differentiate (Thesaurus)