WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. duct, epithelial duct, canal, channel, passage, passageway
- usage: a bodily passage or tube lined with epithelial cells and conveying a secretion or other substance; "the tear duct was obstructed"; "the alimentary canal"; "poison is released through a channel in the snake's fangs"
- 2. duct, plant part, plant structure
- usage: a continuous tube formed by a row of elongated cells lacking intervening end walls
- 3. duct, conduit
- usage: an enclosed conduit for a fluid
All rights reserved.
See also: duct (Dictionary)