duct: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (dukt), [key]
- any tube, canal, pipe, or conduit by which a fluid, air, or other substance is conducted or conveyed.
- a tube, canal, or vessel conveying a body fluid, esp. a glandular secretion or excretion.
- a cavity or vessel formed by elongated cells or by many cells.
- a single enclosed runway for conductors or cables.
- (in a press) the reservoir for ink.
- to convey or channel by means of a duct or ducts: Heat from the oven is ducted to the outside.
- duct (Thesaurus)