- 1. female, animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
- usage: an animal that produces gametes (ova) that can be fertilized by male gametes (spermatozoa)
- 2. female, female person, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who belongs to the sex that can have babies
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. female (vs. androgynous) (vs. male), female, egg-producing(prenominal), young-bearing(prenominal), pistillate, feminine
- usage: being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces fertilizable gametes (ova) from which offspring develop; "a female heir"; "female holly trees bear the berries"
- 2. female, distaff, feminine (vs. masculine)
- usage: characteristic of or peculiar to a woman; "female sensitiveness"; "female suffrage"
- 3. female, female (vs. androgynous) (vs. male)
- usage: for or pertaining to or composed of women or girls; "the female lead in the play"; "a female chorus"
All rights reserved.
See also: female (Dictionary)