Synonyms of fracture
- 1. fracture, break, injury, hurt, harm, trauma
- usage: breaking of hard tissue such as bone; "it was a nasty fracture"; "the break seems to have been caused by a fall"
- 2. fault, faulting, geological fault, shift, fracture, break, crack, cleft, crevice, fissure, scissure
- usage: (geology) a crack in the earth's crust resulting from the displacement of one side with respect to the other; "they built it right over a geological fault"; "he studied the faulting of the earth's crust"
- 3. fracture, crack, cracking, breakage, break, breaking
- usage: the act of cracking something
- 1. fracture, pervert, misuse, abuse
- usage: violate or abuse; "This writer really fractures the language"
- 2. fracture, destroy, destruct
- usage: interrupt, break, or destroy; "fracture the balance of power"
- 3. fracture, break
- usage: break into pieces; "The pothole fractured a bolt on the axle"
- 4. fracture, break, break off, discontinue, stop
- usage: become fractured; "The tibia fractured from the blow of the iron pipe"
- 5. fracture
- usage: break (a bone); "She broke her clavicle"
- 6. fracture, break, injure, wound
- usage: fracture a bone of; "I broke my foot while playing hockey"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of fracture (Dictionary)