Synonyms of illumination
- 1. light, illumination, condition, status
- usage: a condition of spiritual awareness; divine illumination; "follow God's light"
- 2. illumination, state
- usage: the degree of visibility of your environment
- 3. clarification, elucidation, illumination, interpretation
- usage: an interpretation that removes obstacles to understanding; "the professor's clarification helped her to understand the textbook"
- 4. illuminance, illumination, luminosity, brightness, brightness level, luminance, luminousness, light
- usage: the luminous flux incident on a unit area
- 5. miniature, illumination, painting, picture
- usage: painting or drawing included in a book (especially in illuminated medieval manuscripts)
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of illumination (Dictionary)