Meaning of illumination
Pronunciation: (i-l"mu-nā'shun), [key]
- an act or instance of illuminating.
- the fact or condition of being illuminated.
- a decoration of lights, usually colored lights.
- Sometimes,an entertainment, display, or celebration using lights as a major feature or decoration.
- intellectual or spiritual enlightenment.
- the intensity of light falling at a given place on a lighted surface; the luminous flux incident per unit area, expressed in lumens per unit of area.
- a supply of light: a source of illumination.
- decoration of a manuscript or book with a painted design in color, gold, etc.
- a design used in such decoration.
- illumination (Thesaurus)