Synonyms of implication
- 1. deduction, entailment, implication, inference, illation
- usage: something that is inferred (deduced or entailed or implied); "his resignation had political implications"
- 2. significance, import, implication, meaning, substance
- usage: a meaning that is not expressly stated but can be inferred; "the significance of his remark became clear only later"; "the expectation was spread both by word and by implication"
- 3. implication, accusation, accusal
- usage: an accusation that brings into intimate and usually incriminating connection
- 4. implication, logical implication, conditional relation, logical relation
- usage: a logical relation between propositions p and q of the form `if p then q'; if p is true then q cannot be false
- 5. implication, involvement
- usage: a relation implicated by virtue of involvement or close connection (especially an incriminating involvement); "he was suspected of implication in several robberies"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of implication (Dictionary)