implication: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (im"pli-kā'shun), [key]
- something implied or suggested as naturally to be inferred or understood: to resent an implication of dishonesty.
- the act of implying: His implication of immediate changes surprised us.
- the state of being implied: to know only by implication.
- the relation that holds between two propositions, or classes of propositions, in virtue of which one is logically deducible from the other.
- the act of implicating: the implication of his accomplices.
- the state of being implicated: We heard of his implication in a conspiracy.
- Usually,relationships of a close or intimate nature; involvements: the religious implications of ancient astrology.
- implication (Thesaurus)