- 1. male, animal, animate being, beast, brute, creature, fauna
- usage: an animal that produces gametes (spermatozoa) that can fertilize female gametes (ova)
- 2. male, male person, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person who belongs to the sex that cannot have babies
- 3. Male
- usage: the capital of Maldives in the center of the islands
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. male (vs. female) (vs. androgynous), male, antheral, staminate, phallic, priapic, priapic, young-begetting(prenominal), masculine
- usage: being the sex (of plant or animal) that produces gametes (spermatozoa) that perform the fertilizing function in generation; "a male infant"; "a male holly tree"
- 2. male, manful, manlike, manly, virile, masculine (vs. feminine)
- usage: characteristic of a man; "a deep male voice"; "manly sports"
- 3. male, male (vs. female) (vs. androgynous)
- usage: for or pertaining to or composed of men or boys; "the male lead"; "the male population"
All rights reserved.
See also: male (Dictionary)