WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. moment, minute, second, instant, point, point in time
- usage: a particular point in time; "the moment he arrived the party began"
- 2. moment, mo, minute, second, bit, time
- usage: an indefinitely short time; "wait just a moment"; "in a mo"; "it only takes a minute"; "in just a bit"
- 3. here and now, present moment, moment, present, nowadays
- usage: at this time; "the disappointments of the here and now"; "she is studying at the moment"
- 4. consequence, import, moment, significance
- usage: having important effects or influence; "decisions of great consequence are made by the president himself"; "virtue is of more moment than security"; "that result is of no consequence"
- 5. moment, force
- usage: a turning force produced by an object acting at a distance (or a measure of that force)
- 6. moment, statistic
- usage: the n-th moment of a distribution is the expected value of the n-th power of the deviations from a fixed value
All rights reserved.
See also: moment (Dictionary)