Meaning of moment
Pronunciation: (mō'munt), [key]
- an indefinitely short period of time; instant: I'll be with you in a moment.
- the present time or any other particular time (usually prec. by the): He is busy at the moment.
- a definite period or stage, as in a course of events; juncture: at this moment in history.
- importance or consequence: a decision of great moment.
- a particular time or period of success, excellence, fame, etc.: His big moment came in the final game.
- the mean or expected value of the product formed by multiplying together a set of one or more variates or variables each to a specified power.
- an aspect of a thing.
- Obs.an essential or constituent factor.
- moment of area; moment of mass.
- a tendency to produce motion, esp. about an axis.
- the product of a physical quantity and its directed distance from an axis:moment of area; moment of mass.
- moment (Thesaurus)