- 1. monotone, drone, droning, intonation, modulation, pitch contour
- usage: an unchanging intonation
- 2. monotone, note, musical note, tone
- usage: a single tone repeated with different words or different rhythms (especially in rendering liturgical texts)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. monotonic (vs. nonmonotonic), monotone, decreasing monotonic, increasing monotonic
- usage: of a sequence or function; consistently increasing and never decreasing or consistently decreasing and never increasing in value
- 2. flat, monotone, monotonic, monotonous, unmodulated (vs. modulated)
- usage: sounded or spoken in a tone unvarying in pitch; "the owl's faint monotonous hooting"
All rights reserved.
See also: monotone (Dictionary)