monotone: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (mon'u-tōn"), [key]
- a vocal utterance or series of speech sounds in one unvaried tone.
- a single tone without harmony or variation in pitch.
- recitation or singing of words in such a tone.
- a person who is unable to discriminate between or to reproduce differences in musical pitch, esp. in singing.
- sameness of tone or color, sometimes to a boring degree.
- consisting of or characterized by a uniform tone of one color:Cf.(defs. 1, 2). a monotone drape.
- monotonic (def. 2).
- monotone (Thesaurus)