Synonyms of occult
- 1. supernatural, occult, causal agent, cause, causal agency
- usage: supernatural forces and events and beings collectively; "She doesn't believe in the supernatural"
- 2. occult, occult arts, practice, pattern
- usage: supernatural practices and techniques; "he is a student of the occult"
- 1. eclipse, occult, overshadow
- usage: cause an eclipse of (a celestial body) by intervention; "The Sun eclipses the moon today"; "Planets and stars often are occulted by other celestial bodies"
- 2. occult, change
- usage: become concealed or hidden from view or have its light extinguished; "The beam of light occults every so often"
- 3. occult, conceal, hold back, hold in
- usage: hide from view; "The lids were occulting her eyes"
- 1. occult, invisible (vs. visible), unseeable
- usage: hidden and difficult to see; "an occult fracture"; "occult blood in the stool"
- 2. mysterious, mystic, mystical, occult, secret, orphic, esoteric (vs. exoteric)
- usage: having an import not apparent to the senses nor obvious to the intelligence; beyond ordinary understanding; "mysterious symbols"; "the mystical style of Blake"; "occult lore"; "the secret learning of the ancients"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of occult (Dictionary)