Synonyms of physical
- 1. physical (vs. mental), animal(prenominal), carnal, fleshly, sensual, bodily, corporal, corporeal, somatic, material, personal, physiologic, physiological, somatogenic, somatogenetic
- usage: involving the body as distinguished from the mind or spirit; "physical exercise"; "physical suffering"; "was sloppy about everything but her physical appearance"
- 2. physical
- usage: relating to the sciences dealing with matter and energy; especially physics; "physical sciences"; "physical laws"
- 3. physical, material (vs. immaterial)
- usage: having substance or material existence; perceptible to the senses; "a physical manifestation"; "surrounded by tangible objects"
- 4. physical, natural (vs. supernatural)
- usage: according with material things or natural laws (other than those peculiar to living matter); "a reflex response to physical stimuli"
- 5. physical, energetic (vs. lethargic)
- usage: characterized by energetic bodily activity; "a very physical dance performance"
- 6. forcible, physical, strong-arm, forceful (vs. forceless)
- usage: impelled by physical force especially against resistance; "forcible entry"; "a real cop would get physical"; "strong-arm tactics"
- 7. physical, material (vs. immaterial)
- usage: concerned with material things; "physical properties"; "the physical characteristics of the earth"; "the physical size of a computer"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of physical (Dictionary)