- 1. reciprocal, reciprocality, reciprocity
- usage: something (a term or expression or concept) that has a reciprocal relation to something else; "risk is the reciprocal of safety"
- 2. multiplicative inverse, reciprocal, inverse, opposite
- usage: (mathematics) one of a pair of numbers whose product is 1: the reciprocal of 2/3 is 3/2; the multiplicative inverse of 7 is 1/7
- 3. reciprocal cross, reciprocal, hybridization, hybridisation, crossbreeding, crossing, cross, interbreeding, hybridizing
- usage: hybridization involving a pair of crosses that reverse the sexes associated with each genotype
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. reciprocal (vs. nonreciprocal), mutual, bilateral, trilateral, correlative, interactional, interactive, reciprocative, reciprocatory, reciprocative, reciprocatory
- usage: concerning each of two or more persons or things; especially given or done in return; "reciprocal aid"; "reciprocal trade"; "mutual respect"; "reciprocal privileges at other clubs"
- 2. reciprocal, inverse (vs. direct)
- usage: of or relating to the multiplicative inverse of a quantity or function; "the reciprocal ratio of a:b is b:a"
All rights reserved.
See also: reciprocal (Dictionary)