Synonyms of reply
- 1. answer, reply, response, statement
- usage: a statement (either spoken or written) that is made to reply to a question or request or criticism or accusation; "I waited several days for his answer"; "he wrote replies to several of his critics"
- 2. reply, response, speech act
- usage: the speech act of continuing a conversational exchange; "he growled his reply"
- 1. answer, reply, respond, state, say, tell
- usage: react verbally; "She didn't want to answer"; "answer the question"; "We answered that we would accept the invitation"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of reply (Dictionary)