WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rocky, bouldery, bouldered, stony, rough (vs. smooth), unsmooth
- usage: abounding in rocks or stones; "rocky fields"; "stony ground"; "bouldery beaches"
- 2. rough (vs. smooth), rocky, bumpy, jolty, jolting, jumpy
- usage: causing or characterized by jolts and irregular movements; "a rough ride"
- 3. rocky, unstable (vs. stable)
- usage: liable to rock; "on high rocky heels"
- 4. rocky, rough, difficult (vs. easy), hard
- usage: full of hardship or trials; "the rocky road to success"; "they were having a rough time"
All rights reserved.
See also: rocky (Dictionary)