Synonyms of stopper
- 1. show-stopper, showstopper, stopper, act, routine, number, turn, bit
- usage: an act so striking or impressive that the show must be delayed until the audience quiets down
- 2. conversation stopper, stopper, remark, comment, input
- usage: a remark to which there is no polite conversational reply
- 3. stopper, playing card
- usage: (bridge) a playing card with a value sufficiently high to insure taking a trick in a particular suit; "if my partner has a spade stopper I can bid no trump"
- 4. plug, stopper, stopple, blockage, block, closure, occlusion, stop, stoppage
- usage: blockage consisting of an object designed to fill a hole tightly
- 1. stopper, stopple, plug, stop up, secure
- usage: close or secure with or as if with a stopper; "She stoppered the wine bottle"; "The mothers stoppered their babies' mouths with pacifiers"
All rights reserved.
Definition and meaning of stopper (Dictionary)