- 1. supernumerary, person, individual, someone, somebody, mortal, soul
- usage: a person serving no apparent function; "reducing staff is difficult because our employees include no supernumeraries"
- 2. supernumerary, spear carrier, extra, actor, histrion, player, thespian, role player
- usage: a minor actor in crowd scenes
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. excess, extra, redundant, spare, supererogatory, superfluous, supernumerary, surplus, unnecessary (vs. necessary), unneeded
- usage: more than is needed, desired, or required; "trying to lose excess weight"; "found some extra change lying on the dresser"; "yet another book on heraldry might be thought redundant"; "skills made redundant by technological advance"; "sleeping in the spare room"; "supernumerary ornamentation"; "it was supererogatory of her to gloat"; "delete superfluous (or unnecessary) words"; "extra ribs as well as other supernumerary internal parts"; "surplus cheese distributed to the needy"
All rights reserved.
See also: supernumerary (Dictionary)