supernumerary: Meaning and Definition of
Pronunciation: (s"pur-n'mu-rer"ē, -ny'-), [key]
— adj., n., pl. -ar•ies.
- being in excess of the usual, proper, or prescribed number; additional; extra.
- associated with a regular body or staff as an assistant or substitute in case of necessity.
- a supernumerary or extra person or thing.
- a supernumerary official or employee.
- a person who appears in a play or film without speaking lines or as part of a crowd; walk-on; extra.
- supernumerary (Thesaurus)