- 1. sway, power, powerfulness
- usage: controlling influence
- 2. rock, careen, sway, tilt, lurch, pitch, pitching
- usage: pitching dangerously to one side
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. rock, sway, shake, move back and forth
- usage: move back and forth or sideways; "the ship was rocking"; "the tall building swayed"; "She rocked back and forth on her feet"
- 2. swing, sway, move back and forth
- usage: move or walk in a swinging or swaying manner; "He swung back"
- 3. carry, persuade, sway, influence, act upon, work
- usage: win approval or support for; "Carry all before one"; "His speech did not sway the voters"
- 4. rock, sway, move, displace
- usage: cause to move back and forth; "rock the cradle"; "rock the baby"; "the wind swayed the trees gently"
All rights reserved.
See also: sway (Dictionary)