WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. tellurian, telluric, terrestrial, terrene
- usage: of or relating to or inhabiting the land as opposed to the sea or air
- 2. planetary, terrestrial
- usage: of or relating to or characteristic of the planet Earth or its inhabitants; "planetary rumblings and eructations"- L.C.Eiseley ; "the planetary tilt"; "this terrestrial ball"
- 3. terrestrial (vs. amphibious) (vs. aquatic), onshore, overland
- usage: operating or living or growing on land
- 4. mundane, terrestrial, worldly (vs. unworldly), secular, temporal
- usage: concerned with the world or worldly matters; "mundane affairs"; "he developed an immense terrestrial practicality"
- 5. sublunar, sublunary, terrestrial, earthly (vs. heavenly)
- usage: of this earth; "transcendental motives for sublunary actions"; "fleeting sublunary pleasures"; "the nearest to an angelic being that treads this terrestrial ball"
All rights reserved.
See also: terrestrial (Dictionary)