- 1. ticket, commercial document, commercial instrument
- usage: a commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment)
- 2. tag, ticket, label
- usage: a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.
- 3. ticket, summons, process
- usage: a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation)
- 4. slate, ticket, list, listing
- usage: a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices
- 5. ticket, just the ticket, appropriateness
- usage: the appropriate or desirable thing; "this car could be just the ticket for a small family"
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. ticket, fine, book
- usage: issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty; "I was fined for parking on the wrong side of the street"; "Move your car or else you will be ticketed!"
- 2. ticket, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a ticket for passage or admission; "Ticketed passengers can board now"
All rights reserved.
See also: ticket (Dictionary)