- 1. toggle, instruction, command, statement, program line
- usage: any instruction that works first one way and then the other; it turns something on the first time it is used and then turns it off the next time
- 2. toggle switch, toggle, on-off switch, on/off switch, switch, electric switch, electrical switch
- usage: a hinged switch that can assume either of two positions
- 3. toggle, fastener, fastening, holdfast, fixing
- usage: a fastener consisting of a peg or pin or crosspiece that is inserted into an eye at the end of a rope or a chain or a cable in order to fasten it to something (as another rope or chain or cable)
WordNet 3.0 Copyright © 2006 by Princeton University.
- 1. toggle, supply, provide, render, furnish
- usage: provide with a toggle or toggles
- 2. toggle, fasten, fix, secure
- usage: fasten with, or as if with, a toggle
- 3. toggle, let go of, let go, release, relinquish
- usage: release by a toggle switch; "toggle a bomb from an airplane"
All rights reserved.
See also: toggle (Dictionary)